Thursday, September 4, 2014

Intense Heat and Humidity Relief - for us ladies

There comes a time when no matter how ladylike we try to be, there comes a time to speak the truth!

This isn't a normal blog post. It might be embarrassing to some, outlandish to others but I sincerely hope it hits a funny bone in you at some point.

Most mornings when I get up, usually bright and early, I am well rested. No matter if it is the week day when I'm working or if it is the weekend when I'm not. I am an early to bed and early to rise person. Bill stays up later, doesn't require as much sleep and rises early as well, so we make a great team.

No need to tiptoe around in the morning, within the hour of his arising, I stretch, squirm, roll over, yawn and get up also. The mornings are nice, I like 'em.

I also like......er, love summer and the heat. So while a lot of people are grumbling about the sweltering heat and humidity we are experiencing here in London this week, I don't utter a word of complaint. I know what the alternative is and I don't want to hear about it, talk about it nor experience it any sooner than I have to! Bill and I do not tend to put our air conditioner on in the house, in the trailer too often. We have a lot of rotating fans and ceiling fans in our home and I have them running most of the time to circulate the air. It usually does the trick. Plus we save a heap on our hydro bill.


This week, however, my sleep has been interrupted. I find myself having silly fitful dreams and waking up three and four times through the night to thrash about in the sheets. No, this isn't pleasure, trust me, Bill is still sound asleep. I'm hot so the sheet gets pushed down, then I get a chill from the ceiling fan which I can't sleep without, up and down with the sheet, tossing and turning from side to back to other side to stomach. LOL, I just want to sleep!

On top of that I notice that my breathing has appeared labored these last few days. I'm trying to reach that wonderful 'full of relief' yawn.......and can't reach it. I want to take a nice refreshing deep breath and there is no satisfaction. Finally it has dawned on me. It's the humidity! So it is affecting me after all and I'm getting really close to complaining.

You know how you feel when you come home from work after wearing shoes and socks or tight fitting sandals all day? How it feels when you walk in the door and take them off? Well, this is like that.




Don't tell me you haven't learned this yet!
Ladies you will know exactly what I'm talking about. Tonight I couldn't get cool........I did the
normal things, came home, relaxed with my Kobo for a while, went to the trailer and opened up windows, only to discover it's no cooler out there, I made a very light and easy supper (nothing like corn on the cob, salad and toasted bacon and tomato sandwiches) watched the news/weather and discovered that we have one more day, hotter still. This isn't cooling me down!

Then it hits me!Alas! I have found some relief.

My sisters, Mom and I experiencing Freedom at its best.
I walk to the bedroom, reach into the sleeves of my sleeveless top, tug down one bra strap, two bra straps, reach to the back and undo the fasteners and pull the nasty restraint free. FREE

 FREE.

BLESSED FREE!!! 





Let me tell you, there is no relief like it after 12 hours!

Sorry guys, I'm sure you have your own means of comfort, ease, but this one is all ours.

Thank you for reading. I hope I haven't scared you away!! Come back soon!




2 comments:

  1. Hey we don use our A/C much either, and as for taking off you bra much be such a relief. much cooler relax and enjoy this hot humid weather.
    We don't m8ch care for the alternative either, soon head south.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha, now the humidity has passed, a cool day and then today, Sunday, looks gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete