Thursday, March 10, 2016

Toronto RV Show and new friends


Toronto RV Show working for CanAm and enjoying lots of perks.


We left work at 2 pm on Fri. Feb. 26.
Picked up the pooch and luggage for the weekend.
Arrived in good time on a good day of travel except we managed to time our arrival
right around the rush hour, woopsy.


At first glance, with my camera looking for jets, I spotted these little black dots.


Once we got closer and I was able to zoom in more, I realized they were pigeons, gathered to welcome us! They sure found a sunny warm spot to do it.



With a beautiful sky we approached our weekend hotel


so without further ado we checked in.


The 4th floor elevator lobby


4th floor walk to our room



Room 424.....home for 2 nights

After getting settled in our room, we grabbed a bite to eat in the dining room downstairs and headed 
over to lend a hand at the show for a couple of hours. 

I should have taken a picture of the exercise room where I walked on the treadmill for half hour but
I didn't. It was way too hot in that room and I didn't hang around!


Breakfast Saturday morning with Monica and Josee



CanAm was set up close to Gate 3 which meant close
to the Food Court and Washrooms. Bonus!



Two DRV Mobile Suites, end to end, the largest units in our display, impressive!


On Saturday, we met this little performer
Annaka aka Annie aka Shortcake aka Princess, Flower
and many other handles that I can't remember.



I found myself attached to this little angel from the 
first moment she smiled for my camera.
I was grateful for the laughter she provided with her stories.

Sorry Katie, I couldn't fix the glassy eyes but don't worry, you take
a gorgeous picture anyway!

Annie has a beautiful older sister Katie and an 
even older brother whom she fondly called...
....wait for it.........."Brother". I think she was stringing me a line
as I found out later his name was Alexander (I think).
















Saturday night
after the show, we all met at Jolly's Italian Restaurant. Believe me, after our drive there in our truck, we were ready for a good stiff drink so Bill and I had a Pina Colada and Marquerita pronto!

The menu is large and plentiful and we chose well. My chicken fettucini was creamy and delicious and as usual I had enough for lunch another day. Thank you CanAm for feeding us!

  It is always nice to get a couple of real hard workers to pose for me...........so I found the youngest sales person and Bill and told them to stand still for a minute. They were only too happy to oblige.


Sunday morning, I was too tired and lazy to visit the exercise room so we had our breakfast down in the lobby restaurant and headed over to the show. Another fun day waited for us!

Because we were at the show in plenty of time before start up, we walked around and peeked at a few units. This one was raved about by the CanAm crew so we had to check it out.






I don't recall the name of this park model but it is sure a step up from anything we've seen. A second storey with patio on the top level and solar panels. 

Beautiful! I was really impressed with their display.










And then after a long day it was closing time on Sunday at 4 and we began lifting the floor tiles to pack up our display.


No one intended for Bill and I to lend a hand but we had offered to take the 38' Mobile Suite back to London so figured why not make ourselves useful?
The tiles got loaded on the carts and rolled up into the cargo trailer. Everything in its place.

It was very interesting to me to see the 'tear down' of such a large project, not only from the group we were with but from other vendor displays around us. Watching the trucks hook up and pull the units out with such ease was impressive. It was a constant motion and all the while our team was bustling as well. I could only do so much without getting in the way so set about helping the girls empty the rv's of all the decor and then lifting tiles. That is back breaking work, let me tell you!

         
       


Everyone pitches in, packing up the display signs, monitors and sales boards.

Eventually, it started to look like it was emptying out but still a lot of our units hadn't budged. 

Time to rock and roll and get these Airstreams moving!



Our very own Katie pulling a Vanna White as she shows us a toy hauler filling up.

The pictures below show just how tough our CanAm team is. 
Other vendors use monster trucks and tractors to move their units out.........

We use sales people and volunteers!

Bill and Evan using some muscle

Andy pulling an Airstream


Dan pulling
Bill pushing
Okay, so we needed our lovely F350 dually to move this beast!




All in all it was another great weekend. We pulled out of the International Centre parking lot around 8 pm and dropped the unit above in their lot by 10:30. A job well done and the drive home was clear and uneventful, thank goodness.

Until the next one in October, thank you for stopping by!


No comments:

Post a Comment