Wednesday, June 22, 2016

A New Countdown


The countdown is on for Bill and I’m so excited!! I can’t believe he has only 1 more day before he can hang up the TVDSB towel!

We had a fantastic relaxing weekend with a few very minor projects and a surprise drop in.  A nice Father’s Day surprise for Bill when my daughter and middle grandson arrived. Bridgette and Jake put a smile on his face for sure!


We managed to keep cool, either outside in the shady breeze or inside in the air conditioning.

Since we only have 30 amp hook up we only turn one a/c on at a time. Just enough to take the humidity out. By nighttime the outside air was cool enough for the last couple of nights that we turned it off and opened windows. I actually made it over to the pool yesterday after all the weekend warriors left with their little ones. It was a great day for it and the water was wonderful!

 The pool was beautiful and quiet with only a few other adults like me.        

      

Bill says he didn’t sleep well last night, heard traffic from the 401 and couldn’t get comfortable. I’ll bet his mind is just racing with everything and that has something to do with his restless sleep. He is very concerned about how he leaves things at the workplace and is also worried about his replacement meeting the necessary requirements to complete everything in the job. It doesn’t help to keep reminding him that it isn’t going to be his problem, his boss and I keep trying, he just needs to shake it off on his own. When he walks out the door on Thursday afternoon, he could be very emotional but that is what it will take for him to move on.

I am helping plan an Open House on his last day, Thursday, June 23 in the hopes that he has enough visitors to keep him busy and away from the ‘work’. The new person is in the position working sidebar to learn what she can so slowly but surely he can release the duties. I will pick up a cake at Costco this afternoon and take it to the Distribution Centre since I sure don’t have room for a slab that size in my fridge!

And as you can see I have a lot of room in my fridge!

Also there are some pictures I want to arrange on poster boards for him and help with other set ups.

It is exciting and still seeming very unreal to the man of the day, but soon it will all be over and a new beginning in the forefront. I plan to take him out to dinner Thursday night to one of his favourite restaurants. It will be a late dinner since they sound like they have a full house up until 7. Oh well, after cake and treats all day, we’ll need a break in between munchings!

 

                                        

If he reads this, he’ll know where I’m taking him but that is okay too, he won’t be disappointed.

I will follow up in a couple of days with some photos of his special day. I aim to be around on Thursday to get some shots of him with friends and co-workers.
Some of you are aware that Bill also has a part time job at CanAm between Fridays and Mondays helping with the orientation of rv's upon pick up by customers. This is a job he loves to do and he has learned a lot about different trailers in the process. Well, sadly this position is also coming to a close since our Durham location during the summer is just too far to come for a few hours of work. It has indeed kept him busy since March with the sale of over 50 rvs. He will definitely miss his co-workers at this job as well.




Thanks for stopping in today, just a brief catch up. Enjoy the summer, it has arrived after all this flip flopping. I can’t wait to see what it brings down the road and hope it is all good!
If you are able to comment, I would love to hear from you. I've tried to change a few settings to enable comments for those of you having difficulty. Thank you for your patience!

13 comments:

  1. Glad to see that you have been enjoying your retirement even though it has been a short one. Now it will be nice to see Bill finally relax and understand what retirement actually means.
    Kathy and I are still looking forward to meeting up with the both of you now that we are all retired and Fulltiming.
    Be Safe and Enjoy!

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lovely to see your comment Rick and Kathy! I must have changed the right setting! I have no doubt Bill will be as thrilled with this 'new job of retirement' as the rest of us are. :)

      Delete
  2. Now the fun begins, or at least on Friday, the wonderful life of retirement that can be so rewarding. Like you said once he has retired, he needs to let go of that job and focus on the new one.
    Sure is nice to have a nice quiet pool to enjoy, another reason we love it here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think Bill will put the job behind him easier than he thinks. We'll move out of the area in case he gets the temptation to stop in!!

      Delete
  3. I enjoy reading your updates and looking forward to reading more on how this retirement goes :) Congratulations to both of you, it is very exciting beginning indeed :)
    Hugs and kisses to you both!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lovely to hear from you Ilke! I'm happy that you read my blog, it is like keeping in touch. :) thank you for your comments.

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Steve, I removed this comment only because it was a duplicate. :)

      Delete
  5. Let the good times roll!!! It has to be a bit scary leaving a job you've had for so long. It was harder for Steve than it was for me. He has adjusted quite well. You'll have so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you Joan for your comment and your spirit! Yay, retirement is wonderful and I had no problem walking away from the job either.

      Delete
  6. Cheers to both of you. Have fun, fun and more fun.

    ReplyDelete