Monday, December 26, 2016

And So, It Was Christmas….

Sunday, December 25th was a perfect day in every way. We woke up early to call our children at home, our parents, my sister and dear friends in B.C. before we set about our day.

I took advantage of the coolness on Christmas eve day and did some more baking. I have room in the freezer for a couple of pies so set to work. Two pumpkins and one apple with crumb topping. My oh my!












It was sunny and a cool 49F when we got up with not a cloud in the sky but we gave ourselves a break and didn’t walk this morning. It was so nice to talk to 3 of the youngest grandchildren as well as my two oldest. It warms my heart to know that T.J. and Jake were able to spend the day with their mom, my daughter, today. We need to get them all on Hangouts or Face Time so we can see them in person.

Bill and I donned our Christmas t-shirts today, once more, and enjoyed the comments from our friends and neighbours. Had to get a picture of us together broadcasting the Christmas message!

I still can’t believe that I’m outside reading in my short sleeves on Dec. 25.
It is lovely and no, we don’t miss the snow. We chit chatted around with our friends and then all got cleaned up for an early dinner at the clubhouse. As Pat Aljoe says, “We all clean up pretty good!”

It was a lovely meal with all the fixings but the best part was the camaraderie of friends and family. Yes! My sister, Gayle and her husband, John, joined us for this special day.

Happy Hour was at our place as we carried on the laughter and stories in the beautiful sunshine.
Setting up a rendezvous

Taking turns at our feeder
The hummingbirds buzzed in and around our heads trying to join the party. Their little occasional chirps told us they were doing more than buzzing. I learn something every day, Gayle!

Everyone was so stuffed from dinner but that didn’t stop a few from munching on Melinda’s delicious chocolate treats. At least we didn’t need to prepare a supper meal tonight.


After doing our best to connect with Bill's sisters and parents, we were at least able to see them all on Hangouts and heard their voices on the phone. Bill sat down and posted a blog which will catch you up on our day as well. You can see it here

I, on the other hand, sat in the recliner with Clemson and watched NCIS re-runs between reading my book. I’m getting close to the end of The 6th Target by James Patterson so it is hard to put down.


All good things come to an end  and this day was no different as we watched the sun set across the park.

My eyes betrayed me though and I soon gave in at 10 pm and went to bed. I know it wasn’t more than a few minutes and I was in dreamland.

Merry Christmas one and all! I sincerely hope your day was also spent with your loved ones. I want to close with this beautiful glimpse of a partial rainbow on Christmas Eve.



Until we meet again, thank you for reading. 

8 comments:

  1. It was a fun filled day with amazing weather for Christmas Day, family, friends and a tasty meal. Sure gotta love this lifestyle.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's nice to be able to enjoy Christmas without the cold and snow to deal with. It was a great day.

      Delete
  2. Glad that you were able to get some phone calls in to the kids as well. You are right about the bond of Friends enjoying something meaningful together.
    Be Safe and Enjoy!

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Pat for documenting our time with you and your friends at your resort. A very companionable group.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome, Gayle. Bill and I were so happy to have you and John join us. Our friends enjoyed meeting you both.

      Delete