Monday, August 28, 2017

Doctor Checkup, Day in London, Visit with Former Co-Workers

Monday, Aug. 28th we were up at the crack of dawn, literally. Since bedtime for both of us was early we were awake and mobile at 6:15. The plan was to get ready and on the road by 8 am. Bill had breakfast and a coffee while I showered and then I read posts while he did. This was my doctor’s checkup in London and because of the usual bloodwork, I drank a glass of water in lieu of my tea.
Good morning!


I watched the beautiful sunrise and snapped some photos still in my housecoat. Checking the weather forecast for that area, we chose appropriate attire. Nothing like being 3 hours from home and you are dressed too warm or too cold. Today it would be 23C in London so not too hot and not too cold. We decided last night to bring Clemson along for the ride since it could be a long day for him.

By 8 am we were ready to roll. We had a gas coupon for .04 cents/litre off at a Shell station and the gas meter was hovering between the quarter and the half tank mark. We knew we would make it to our destination and there would be a Shell station on Fanshawe Park Rd. We made good time since the traffic was pretty light and pulled in for gas at 10:15.
New sign on the building
We’re too cheap to pay to park at the doctor’s office, so we park next door at the Starbuck’s on the corner. Bill would be in the car with Clemson so if he was challenged, he could move. We never have a problem. So, in I went and Dr. Persaud saw me right on time at 11 o’clock. It has been almost 2 years since I saw him last so we had a nice bit of catch up. He is always very pleased with my health and when he says goodbye always says ‘don’t change a thing!’
Bill and Clemson in the Cataloguing Department
I went downstairs to LifeLabs and fulfilled the bloodwork requisition before meeting Bill in the car. Oh, before I slipped out of the office Dr. Persaud called me and asked when I had had my last tetanus shot. Since I couldn’t recall, it meant more than enough time had passed so he gave me one. Last thing I need when south of the border is to cut myself and wonder.
My girl, Saira, always smiling, always positive
I miss her the most, we connected so well
We left there and drove to Wonderland Road for something to eat. A & W has been our fast food choice as of late, so that is where we went. While Bill took Clem for a walk and a drink I went in and got our Teen Burgers and Fries, with of course, root beer. We were both pleased with his weigh scales so I’m not going to cry over the extra carbs tonight. I was hungry!
Saira, Joanne, Catharine and Alison
Bill drove to Princess Auto and I waited in the car while he went in looking for something on special. I haven’t been to see our former co-workers since we came home in April so that is where we went. It was great to see Deb, Kim, Joanne and especially Saira. She was so excited and took Bill and I out to see her new car, just a couple of days old. I can say one thing, it is SO Saira. We loved it.
Love her new little SUV
it is the perfect colour for my bright friend

Even the name is cute
We headed home by 2:30 and after taking turns driving, we drove up our lane at 15 to 5, just in time for Clemson’s supper. After our big lunch meal, we weren’t too hungry so after I relaxed on the couch, we decided on a simple toasted tomato sandwich would do nicely. I had mine with peanut butter, mayo and lettuce. Yum.
From the left, is my wood cardinal and little pink volkswagon
I left these with Joanne on my last day

Caught these guys finishing up their lunch
John on the left, the Manager of the building
Tim on the right always the clown
 I downloaded my few pictures from today and finished my post. Bill is heading back into the city tomorrow to work the day and to take a couple more lessons at the Truck Driving School. He has been studying the ins and outs over the past few days and has a better idea now of what to focus on. He will return home tomorrow evening.

Very odd to be in the old work place - not a tinge of sadness
I hope your day was a good one. Ours was a lot of driving but some visiting as well as a necessary checkup. Another thing to cross off our list of things to do before heading south.


Not much of a sky tonight but pretty all the same
Thank you for taking the time to read today. Your comments are appreciated.

7 comments:

  1. Nice to get those doctor appointments out of the way and visit with you previous co-workers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Always a good feeling to have the dr appointment out of the way and with good news! Glad you enjoyed visiting with old co workers and also feeling no sadness at being retired. I'm thinking truck driving school is required because of the size of your rig?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it has been a headache since we found out the regulations. We'd hate to be pulled over and Bill not have the proper license. This is our home and worse case scenario in some states is impounding. :( He is trying once more anyway and see if he can get it.

      Delete