Saturday, October 14, 2017

Restless Night, Warm Morning, Clemson’s Play Date, Mom and Dad’s Retreat and Three Special Birthdays

We both had a somewhat restless night’s sleep, waking more often than normal and Bill says he was having silly dreams. An indication of the day to come. Why is it when you ‘need’ to have a better sleep, all you can do is think about the upcoming days when you’re supposed to be sleeping! I was awake from 4:30 on which still allotted me 6 ½ hours of rest.

We set the alarm and got up at 6:30 for a fairly easy morning. Just a wash, last minute packing (vanity bags, laptops and charge cords for our media stuff), a tea and coffee and breakfast. Bill had his cereal and I had a small bowl of steel cut oats. Clemson clued in to the ‘something’ being us going somewhere so didn’t let us out of his sight.
Ready for a weekend away
At 7:50 on the dot, we were in the car on the way to Durham. He had a weekend play date with his buddies and they were very happy to see the little guy. This warms our hearts tremendously as I know that I don’t have to worry about him. I will, to a certain degree, but not for his safety or care. We’ll miss him but we’ll also be sure to enjoy the freedom it allows us.
Are you my new Daddy?

Clemson's home for three days
I set the address in Toronto on our gps and we were on the road by 8:15. I left Rob the pumpkin cheesecake to nibble on while we are gone. Call it a bribe if you will, but I’m sure he didn’t mind! It was a cloudy day but already 14C when we left. It warmed up overnight and will continue to do so today.

Driving through Mount Forest

Captured a water tower in Arthur
So, at 10:00 we were in the midst of all the 4 and 5 lanes of traffic, oh and 6 lanes too. Just keeping eyes on which lane to be in is the tricky part. The traffic isn’t too bad, really, so it is an okay time to be spinning through. It was an uneventful drive and we’ve just turned onto Dixon Road where the Toronto Congress Centre is.  Arrival at 10:10 am.
Played Leap Frog with this chicken truck most of the way down

Nasty driving day but it cleared up on our arrival


Light at the end of the tunnel
Once parked, we walked to the entrance. I’m glad I wore my pouch instead of carrying a purse. I’d have to tuck the purse away somewhere and this way, my wallet, lipstick, notepad and pen are with me all the time. Bill brought his laptop into the Centre so he could set it up to play our winter trip pictures inside the rv we’re working in.

Yay! We were greeted immediately in the hallway by Anna and Katie. I needed directions to the bathroom, and quick! They gave us directions and I gave Katie my container of cookies and squares. She had a gleam in her eye as she walked away. We found the CanAm corner with its many rv’s and were informed that we were working in the only Mobile Suite that they brought. Double Yay! Since it is the only rv here that I can easily talk about.
2013 Mobile Suite 38' - Rear entertainment unit
similar but not quite like ours back home

Priced right at $84,900, this trade in looks brand new
The day went well, long and yet busy. A lot of people came through the Suite and were quite surprised by the price and the fact that it was a 4-year-old unit. It is in beautiful shape! We talked a lot, walked a fair bit and enjoyed our first day at the show. The cookies and squares were a hit, I think, and there were many other snacks to keep everyone on their feet when they got an opportunity to nip behind the curtain for a nibble.
They know how to pack the units in these shows

CanAm is popular for our Airstreams and we have a huge display at the show

our smallest trailer
Sylvan Sport "Go"
It was around 1:30 that Katie had pizza brought in and it was sooo good! I was too hungry to get a picture, we just chowed down. Bill and I were a little surprised to see that it was open until 8 pm but slipped out at 7:30 so we could check in and get settled at the Hilton Garden Inn before dinner.
"We're not salespeople, but we still try to look the part"

The Richards team
It was so nice to see the ‘gang’ and one in particular made me smile and laugh today. Kenny from Indiana. Kenny, whom I share a birthday with although I have 23 years on him. I had to ask Bill to take a picture of us together. He had us laughing with stories of his Irish Bulldog, Iris. She is a cross with an Australian Shepherd and at 2 years old is pregnant with her first litter. In 3 weeks it will be interesting to see her babies. You must share on FB, Kenny J!

My birthday mate, Kenny
Back at the hotel, we got checked in and unpacked our hanging clothes. These rooms are nice and always cozy. We changed into more comfortable clothing and went downstairs around 8:30 to meet the crew for dinner. William from Myrtle Beach was there already in the bar and Dan and Josee arrived soon after so we ordered drinks and moved to our table.
This 19' Vintage Cruiser
reminds me of a little cabin

Bridgette, you'd love this!

Priced right at 
The $95 is bi-weekly
It was late, everyone was hungry and tired and happy so by the time appetizers of kettle chips in chipotle sauce and deep-fried shrimp arrived we devoured them waiting for our entrees. Bill ordered a Mobley Burger w/fries, a Garden Inn specialty and I ordered Shrimp and Crab Linguini. It was just before 10 when it was served but it was delicious. Some ordered a second or third round of drinks and others ended the evening with a dessert. We excused ourselves at 10:45 thanking our hosts, Andy and Kirk for the lovely meal.


Selfie before dinner

Felt good to get our shoes off so
it calls for 'slippers for dinner'
Our elevator ride down
15 or 16 of us for dinner

 Back in our room, we crawled into bed, near exhaustion, and I finished writing my post and downloading pictures. All to be published in the morning. This was a good day. We touched base with our dog-sitters to hear that Clemson was doing well, behaving and ate a good supper. In the morning, we hope to hear a good report, I know 3 individuals who will be experiencing a very different night of sleep. I hope you’ve had fun today!
My Shrimp and Crab Linguini

We all get a little goofy after a long show day
10 to 8 pm
Before closing, I need to wish 3 very special little people a very happy birthday today! 
Celebrating birthdays on Friday the 13th, Carter, Zach (the twins) and Olivia, 3 of our grandchildren. We hope it was a special day at school and at home.
Image may contain: 8 people, people smiling
Happy Birthday, Carter and Zach!
Happy Birthday, Liv!


Thank you for reading and sharing the day with me. Thank you also for your comments.

8 comments:

  1. I know Rob and Pat will enjoy playing with Clemson and he will be all looked after. We have been to many Rv shows at the Congress Centre over the years. and Check out Can Am's lovely displays as well.
    Looks like you had a good day and lotsa fun winding up with a good meal and nice room.
    More fun today !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think Clemson will have them trained in no time!
      Great set ups at the shows, amazing how they fit them all in so nicely.
      Great food at the end of a long day.

      Delete
  2. Wow! You made me very tired just reading about your day! We love RV shows, not in the market for one but love seeing what's out there. Dinner looked awesome. I'm sure Clemson is enjoying being spoiled (even more than he already is.hahaha). The little Vintage Cruiser looks adorable. The pic of you and Bill outside the RV is really good. I'd think about framing that one. Happy Birthday to your adorable grandkids!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you, it was busy but not busy. The type of day where you stand and talk more than work. :)
      Dinner was great and Clemson spoiled? What ever do you mean? ha ha
      thank you, I think that picture turned out really well also. I made it my phone wallpaper. :)

      Delete
  3. You two dress up quite nicely! Pouring rain up here and supposed to rain all night!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why thank you F.G.! We had rain as well but don't hear it outside here like we do in the suite. :)

      Delete
  4. Yes the Richards team looks quite spiffy!! Looks like a dandy show there. I used to attend the shows in the Rio Grande Valley, Corpus Christi and San Antonio. Oh, how I miss them!! Nothing near as good in Amarillo.
    Don in Okla.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you, we rise to the challenge!
      It is a great show. CanAm has 24 units at the show this year. they do 2 more shows in Jan/Feb. as well.

      Delete