Saturday, November 18, 2017

Cloudy Sky, Walkabouts, Dryden Visitors, Windy Night

Friday, Nov. 17th we were both up with Clemson who had to go out around 7. Bill went back to bed with Clem and I went up to the clubhouse. The sky was filled with clouds, no sun this morning, and it looked like rain so I only went as far as the EAST clubhouse. My connection was not good again so just used my own hotspot. I was curious anyway, how much data I used to post on my blog.
Sitting at the EAST clubhouse
Beautiful ocotillo in my view and the lake in the distance
 As I sat outside on the porch under the awning I heard the pitter patter of rain drops. I watched as a flatbed truck came in loaded down with about 8 skids of what looked like bagged gravel and wrapped patio stones plus a forklift on the back. 


The lady driver hopped out to chat with a couple of rv’ers to get directions on where they needed it dropped. She maneuvered that truck and that fork lift like nobody’s business. I never expected any less but I’m always impressed with these drivers.
She backed in there so easily, first try
I finished my post, did a couple of other online things and walked back to find Bill up and at his laptop. I made my tea and with that finished, took Clemson out for a walk and up to drop off a couple more postcards. If you receive one, it would be nice to know that they are arriving. Thanks, Aj for your note. I chatted with Paul, whom we met at our burger dinner, and we both agreed that we need to get together before Wednesday.

The more we meet people, the more we are in parks, the more we realize that even though we have a very spoiled puppy dog, Clemson is so easy to have around, in our lives. Yes, he likes to be held more than some but he doesn’t bark unnecessarily. When he does, we react immediately so as not to be annoying to others, or to us. You can tell that we are experiencing others who don’t do the same.


The cutest 18-week-old bulldog and his older sibling (?) lives next door to us. Well, 2 sites away. Whether the owners are inside or out, the pup seems to bark without any admonishment. Not 100% of the day, but too often. This is not an ideal place to be training your dog, teaching him that he doesn’t get attention from barking. That is one downside I’ve found about being here in this park and that is unfortunate because it is a great spot.

I’ve just looked out my window and noticed a hummer flying around looking for some food. I haven’t put my feeder out at all yet, having not seen them around anywhere we’ve been.  So, I proceeded to make some solution up and will see if I can attract the little guys for our last few days here. At least now I know they are in the area.


I see that I have 3 very ripe bananas sitting here so grabbed a recipe for Oatmeal Banana Muffins and made up a batch of 16. And while at it, I made 4 dozen chocolate chip cookies. I would certainly never put my cookies in a contest or a bake sale. They may taste good but they never come out looking the way I think they should.

With that done and dishes cleaned up I moved outside with a new book. I’d started one called Come Home by Lisa Scottoline. I got about 2 chapters in and can tell it is one of those books that I’ll be able to tell how things are going to go. It looked and sounded good but I know it would frustrate the heck out of me. I don’t need to read it so I closed it and returned it to the clubhouse this morning along with Bill’s book.
The sky was confused this morning
A little of this, a little of that
I’m happy that he is starting to get back into reading more. Last winter I couldn’t keep up with him once he started and then he slowed down at home over the summer. That didn’t surprise me as he was working a lot. This winter I have a lot of books finished, moved from my cupboard to his, so he has some catching up to do and seems to be hooked again. Now he is reading David Baldacci’s Split Second.

I walked up to the entrance to meet and ride back with them
With none of my known authors’ books in this park I’ve had to try new to me novels. I have one sitting here I’ll try and get into. It is James Rollins’ The Kill Switch. Anyone read it? I do know that life is too short and too grand to get bogged down by a book that I’m not enjoying. I could read something on my Kobo and may have to resort to that until I get to Ridgeview if all else fails. They seemed to have a lot of the books in our genre.

Lori surprised to see Bill with the camera, I think
 At 3:20 we heard that Lori and Roland were on their way home from Los Algodones to Bullhead City so were stopping in for a happy hour visit. Yay! It is always great to see our Ontario friends and we haven’t seen these two since they visited us at the Ridge in July? August? Geesh, I can’t remember but they will! It was their bike trip to the east coast.


Happy Hour!
Our first this winter, but not our last by far!
They sat with us for a nice catch up visit about our trips, the weather, our health and upcoming family visits. It was so good to see them again. At 5:45 they headed out and we’ll see them a week from Sunday at Bullhead City. Bill lit the Weber Q and put the steak on for supper. I par-cooked a large potato in the microwave and wrapped it in tinfoil with butter and spices. Bill opened a can of Bush’s beans and set them on the grill as well.

Yes, I was there too!
Supper was ready at 6:15 and we were all cleaned up before 7. It was a nice meal and we are both full. Lori mentioned that there was a wind advisory in the area for a couple of days and while we were sitting outside, we felt the first stirrings of a strong breeze that we have not felt for quite a few days. That’s not a complaint either way, but it was almost a verification of her statement. I don’t think it means rain, just some winds.
Not expecting anything spectacular in the sky tonight, I captured this

and then it got prettier
 I sat at my laptop to write more on my post and Bill took his book to his recliner. He is half way through it already! I’m reluctant to sit in my chair, I seem to read a bit and then fight to keep my eyes open. I can’t believe that by 8:15 and 8:30 I am ready for beddy-byes! Oh, my goodness! I’ve turned into a 10-year-old except I WANT to go to bed. Last night I got out my grown-up colouring book and pencils at 8:30 just to stay up until a more normal 9:30. See? I AM 10!

and prettier
This has been a nice lazy type day again and we had no obligations to be anywhere or do anything. I went for a couple of walkabouts around the park, watched some shuffleboard painting, cheered a horseshoe tourney, watched some guys roofing, witnessed some gravel being spread and topped it off with a happy hour with good friends all in the course of a day. I’d say that was a pretty good way to spend 14 hours. I hope yours was a good day as well.

And I couldn't get enough
Good night from Lake Havasu City
Thank you for stopping in today. By bedtime, the winds had really increased. Your comments are appreciated.

16 comments:

  1. Nice to have some good books to enjoy, and also very nice to see Lori and Roland we will catch up with them later this year as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good things to read, wonderful weather and great friends makes a day worthwhile.

      Delete
  2. How nice to have the opportunity to sit down and visit with friends.
    I never did figure out the secret to making chocolate chip cookies that looked pretty...lol I always told my kids it is about the taste...lol
    Great sunset pictures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We enjoyed catching up with Lori and Roland and will see them again soon
      Good, glad I'm not the only one with the cookie thing! They taste great!

      Delete
  3. It was the third week of July that we last saw you and snuggled up with
    Clemson. It was great to see the 3 of you again. :). It seems like we pick up where we left off as if no time has been between us. See you in a week. Enjoy the rest of your time in Lake Havasu City. You do have a nice park there and great amenities. But we too have the heated pool to lure you our way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks, I knew you'd help with the date. It was so nice to see you and yes, as if no time had lapsed.
      See you soon and it isn't just the pool drawing us. wink wink.

      Delete
  4. Just a note to let you know that we never received a post card. I will check again tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You haven't? Oh man! I gave that Pony Express a whole bag of oats too! It is the wild west so be patient, it could be months.

      Delete
  5. The last two sunset pictures are gorgeous! Nice captures sis.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have you read Michael Connelly's Harry Bosch books? There are many, and I think they are the kind you would enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I love his books! Have read quite a few but having trouble finding new ones to read. :) Thanks for the tip though, they are exactly what we love to read

      Delete
  7. What a fantastic day. I agree about the dogs, I think it's extremely rude to allow them to CONTINUE to bark. I too read a lot and I've found that not all books need to be a well known author. Some unknown writers are excellent as well and could possibly be well known as they continue to write. Loved the sunset pics!!! Enjoy your few remaining days at the park.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a great day!
      I know it is good to branch out with authors and sometimes you just have to take a chance. :)
      Thank you, the countdown to our next move just down the road has begun

      Delete