Saturday, November 4, 2017

Quiet Day Around the Park, Gadabouts, Puzzles, Groceries, Swims Oh My!

We both woke up together around 6:30 with Clemson on Saturday, Nov. 4th but lazed in bed for another half hour and got up. This was the longest I’d been in bed for a long time, always needing to move shortly after 6. The good news is that other than a headache (me too!) Bill woke up feeling much better. I took a couple of Advil with tea and ate a banana. My headache was gone almost immediately.
This park is full, not accepting any other reservations

The community yard sale
This was one end, there were probably 20 tables set up
I meant to get out early for another walk, instead I sat with Bill and we read posts and updated our grocery list. The sun is brilliant and managed to rise without my encouragement. There is a slight breeze, well, maybe a bit more than slight but 59F/15C already at 9 am. Lovely, lovely day.
We like shopping at Albertson's last winter
You don't need a Savers card, everyone gets the discount
Not sure why they don't just lower the price in the first place
Maybe because everyone likes a sale?
I took the 2 books from our cupboard, ones we'd each read up to the clubhouse library. They have a huge selection of romance and mystery books we like but none of the authors I have read. Well, very few. I picked up 3 to try and will report on them as I read them. Bill has a lot to read, he fell behind in the last month, but I am currently just a few chapters into the last one I have. David Baldacci’s Last Man Standing.

Now that we can take advantage of their deals with our card
We'll shop here more often
While up there, I sat and put more pieces into the circle puzzle and could smell the lovely aromas from the morning breakfast. A great deal for a $4 donation, one day before we leave Bill and I will take advantage of that. When I got back from my walk, I remembered that today was the Community Yard Sale put on by Preferred RV Resort and it was just outside the fence. Bill was moving a bit slow this morning so he said to go ahead and he would be ready to go shopping when I returned.
Bill spoiled me today - out of the blue
Of course, there was all kinds of stuff that we don’t need but I managed to find a couple of things that I was looking for. A lightweight pullover sweatshirt with a kangaroo pocket but no hood and a pair of slip on Sensi sandals all for the total price of $7. Can’t beat that. I also picked up a tye-died tee for my youngest grandson. They were hand done by the Boy Scout Group in this area and it was a worthwhile donation.

When I returned, Bill was ready to go so we drove first to the RV SuperStore. This was just a joke, in my opinion, as 45% of the shelves appeared to be empty of stock. Wha??? We asked about step covers and she had 3 in store, wrong colour and except for one, the wrong size. “I can order them for you” she chirpingly says, “uh, no thanks”. That is not my idea of a SuperStore so we drove around the back streets and admired some of the single-family homes in the area towards the main street.
My $2 new sandals - so comfy I wore them tonight for our walk
From there we went to Albertson’s at the opposite end of town for our groceries. We found everything on the list, and more as we walked down the liquour aisles. I found an interesting variety pack of 12 Seagram coolers and Bill had to settle for a Bacardi rum. His usual brand is Appleton’s but have only found it in Mexico so far down here. We needed to find my Omega 3 and Calcium pills so went into the CVS Pharmacy down the street.
Bill noticed this holly bush

Now, I'm thinking of Christmas!
I got a deal, just like last year, buy one get one free. Cool! Plus, we got a Savers card which we can use when down here to cash in on more of their specials. The last thing on our list was Clemson’s dry dog food. Hmmm, no sign of a Pet Smart in Pahrump so we went to Walmart, in the same strip, and picked up a bag of Cesar’s Filet Mignon. We just hope he likes it because his Blue Buffalo is all gone. Back home again, we had some lunch. I had a piece of pizza left and that hit the spot while Bill made up a sandwich.
A beautiful 1963 Thunderbird For Sale
It was a lovely surprise in Albertson’s when I saw Bill pick up a bunch of red roses. Every once in a while, he goes above and beyond in his way of showing me his affection. It is even more of a treat because he seldom does that. I love it. They are beautiful! He decided to sit and read for a short bit to see if he would feel tired enough for a snooze. No doubt about it, thinks Clemson, as he promptly lays on Bill’s lap and falls asleep.

After half an hour or so, we changed into our swimsuits and walked up to the pool. There were 3 others in the lounge chairs so we took advantage of the outdoor shower and hopped in. Again, by ourselves and it was so relaxing. I like to float with a pool noodle so did that, exercising to the music. Dancing, I guess in the water. Call me crazy, but they were playing really good music on the Pahrump radio station.

Another fish picture
We dipped in the hot tub for a bit and chatted with other rv’ers. When the sun started to go down and only half of our bodies was warmed by it, we walked back home. With a change of clothes we took Clemson out for a nice long walk around the park. I had noticed an rv along the fence with a Canadian flag and Ontario plates this morning, so we walked that way hoping to see someone out and about.

Supper was delish but just too much of it
We forget that our appetites aren't what they used to be
Not so, but on our way back we noticed their outside door was open. We braved up and imposed on them by calling out. They were very happy to meet us and invited us in. They are from Kingston and if we meet them again, hopefully we can pick their brains about some of their travels. They have a 2015 Solitude fifth wheel like our friends. Back home, Bill lit the Weber Q and the steaks, potatoes, onions and mushrooms went on. This was the meal we had planned for last night and we’re ready for it.

My guys after our walk
 It didn’t seem like the steaks were too big when we were hungry but once we started eating, one steak would have done. We’ll get another meal out of them, and there is nothing wrong with that. After supper we cleaned up the dishes and watched a Jackie Gleason special for half hour. It makes us sad to think that 85% of these performers are gone. It is like the real good comedy has died with them. The temperature is dropping as it usually does after the sun goes down. It is sitting at 66F/18,8/C. We closed windows and sat with our books with the tv in the background.


This has been a pretty good day with a little bit of stuff going on as well as quiet times. I have to say something about this park WiFi. It is unbelievably the best we've encountered in an rv park and it is saving us a whole pile of data right now. This is definitely a park we'll come back to for many reasons. I hope you've enjoyed your day.


Thank you for popping in today. Your comments are much appreciated.

6 comments:

  1. Glad that you are enjoying it there we too had a wonderful time and loved the area as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great day. Glad both of you are feeling better. What a sweet gesture from Bill, they all have their moments in different ways. I think the best flowers are the ones that are for no reason, not the commercial holidays. Dinner looked awesome and so did the sunset with our beautiful flag blowing in the breeze..you know how I love that :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love these no pressure days where it doesn't matter what time you do things. And the flowers? Totally agree with you, I'd rather he NOT spend the money on those holidays.
      Gotta learn to cook less for our meals. Your flag sure does look pretty up there!

      Delete
  3. Nothing like a beautiful bouquet of roses to brighten up the day. Bill is definitely a keeper...:).
    Finding a pair of comfortable sandals for a couple dollars doesn't hurt either.
    Then a beautiful sunset to close the day. Sounds like a perfect day to just relax and enjoy. (((hugs)))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup, think I'll keep this guy, tried too hard to find him!
      Love the sandals, made in Italy so that would be why they're so comfy.
      Great day for sure!

      Delete